Golden Oak Montessori participates in the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program.
• Breakfast and Lunch will be sold starting on Monday, August 20, 2018.
• Students may buy lunch for $3.25 and breakfast for $2.25. Eligible students may receive meals free of charge or at the reduced-price. See the Free and Reduced Meal Application section.
• Breakfast is available daily from 8-8:20 a.m. Lunch is available during normal lunch times and is be available on Wednesday and other minimum days from 12:30-12:50 p.m. for students participating in after school programs.
• We are excited to use a new food service provider, Revolution Foods, in the 2018-19 year. Learn more about Revolution Foods at www.revolutionfoods.com.
• Monthly menus will be published in advance and posted on this webpage and around the school.
• Money must be added to a student’s Meal Time account in advance so it can be debited out as meals are purchased by the student.
Free/Reduced Meal Applications
Eligible students may receive meals free of charge or at the reduced-price. You or your children do not have to be U.S. citizens to qualify. You must fill out a new Free/Reduced Lunch Application each school year to see if you qualify. An application is below and is available in the office. Please complete and return to the Golden Oak Montessori office for processing. It can be hand delivered or mailed to Golden Oak Montessori, 2562 Vergil Ct., Castro Valley, CA 94546. If you have any questions about applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families may submit a Free/Reduced Lunch Application at any point during the school year if an income situation has changed. Please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Charges and Balances
If a student takes a meal they will be charged for it. We encourage families to have a conversation with their child so he/she know whether they can participate in the school meal program.
Golden Oak Montessori will allow students to purchase a meal if they have a negative balance on their lunch account. The negative balance limit is $-10.00. Outstanding balances must be paid within 2 weeks. Once a week, balance notifications will be sent to families with a negative balance. The balance statement will notify you of the current amount due on your student’s lunch account. The balance statement will also include instructions for making payments.
If your family is experiencing a financial setback, please contact us so we can help. We are willing to work with you to develop a payment plan for your lunch account. Families can also submit a free/reduced lunch application at any point during the school year. We can assist you in applying for free or reduced lunch if your income situation has changed mid-year. Please contact India Rodriguez at 510-931-7868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more detail, please review the Local Meal Charge Policy for further information.
Special Meals and/or Accommodations